Home Forums Regional Knowledge Network Alba as122 manual

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alba as122 manual
    Download / Read Online Alba as122 manual

The Project Gutenberg eBook, A Manual of Ancient History, by A. This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and withalmost no restrictions whatsoever. AND MEMBER OF SEVERAL OTHER LEARNED SOCIETIES. THE SECOND EDITION, CORRECTED AND IMPROVED. Heeren are distinguished by their extendedrange of enquiry, as well as by the minuteaccuracy of their details. He has spent the greater portion of hislife in lecturing upon the subjects of which ittreats, and has in every case gone for his informationimmediately to the fountain head. Perhaps in no work has so much importantinformation been condensed into so small acompass. German, and two in French, and from itshaving been translated into almost every languageof Europe. The rapidity with which the first edition, aswell as the other writings of professor Heeren,have sold in this country, is a proof that they onlyrequired to be known here in order to be appreciated. The favour with which these translationshave been received, both by the venerable authorhimself and by the British public, has been asource of the highest gratification to the publisher. The encouragement, so kindly bestowed, has urgedhim to new exertions, the fruits of which, he trusts,will be observable in the present volume. TheManual has not only been revised and correctedthroughout, but has also been diligently comparedwith the German, and has received such ameliorationsas the original text or the English styleseemed to demand. When it is added to thisthat a very numerous body of corrections andimprovements have been sent to the publisher byprofessor Heeren himself, who has patiently examinedthe translation expressly for this edition,he trusts that the public will be satisfied that it isas faithful a copy of the original work as the natureof things will allow. In the preface to the last edition of this Manualthe publisher announced his intention, should itbe favourably received, of following it up by thepublication of another elaborate work of the sameauthor, viz. A Manual of the History of theStates of Modern Europe and their Colonies,as forming one political System. Babylonians,Scythians, and Hindoos, will appear in a fewweeks. To add to the usefulness of the work, an analysisof the contents, with dates, has been givenin the margin. The following catalogue of the historical works of Professor Heeren,has been sent to the Publisher by the Professor himself. They areuniformly printed in German, in 15 vols. Vermischte historische Schriften. A translation of thisEssay will be appended to the Manual of the History of ModernEurope, see vol. Ueber den Einfluss der politischen Theorien auf Europa. On the Method of Preserving the Nationality of Conquered States. Written in 1810, and suppressed by the French. An essaywhich obtained the prize of the French Institute in 1808. Der deutsche Bund in seinen Verhaltnisse zu Europa. Geschichte der classischen Litteratur im Mittelalter. Biographische und litterarische Denkschriften. Andenken an deutsche Historiker. Handbuch der Geschichte der Staaten des Alterthums. Ideen ueber die Politik, den Verkehr und den Handel desvornehmsten Staaten der alten Welt. English, and are eithernow published or will very shortly be so. In adding to the number of Manuals on AncientHistory already published, I feel myself boundto give an account of the plan on which the presenthas been executed. It was at first designed to be used in mypublic lectures, and from them it has grown upto what it now is. In them I did not consider itnecessary to state all we know or think we knowof ancient history. Many facts highly interestingto the learned historian are not adapted for publiclectures. It was therefore my great object tomake choice of such incidents as ought to beknown by my pupils in order to the effectualprosecution of their historical studies. ConsequentlyI have not extended my labours so far asto give an historical account of every nation, buthave limited myself to those most remarkable fortheir general civilization and political eminence. The favourable reception which my larger work,executed after a different plan, has met with,would lead me to hope for a like indulgence inthis new attempt, even if the spirit of the age didnot so loudly call upon every historian to directhis chief attention to these subjects. I very often adopt in my own lectures. Uponthe arrangement of the other parts, I am not awareof the necessity of making any observations. Thesources from which I have drawn my materialsare specified in every section. I havereferred several times in the first two sections tomy larger work, it is only on particular points,explanations of which may be sought for in vainelsewhere. I am convinced,always be connected with lectures on ancienthistory. That this need not extend to detailedexplanations of ancient geography, but that itshould be restricted to what is merely useful inthe study of history, I have observed in the bodyof my work. The geographical chapters whichare inters filexlib.
    Alba as122 lamhleabhar
    Alba as122 manuele
    Alba as122 lamhleabhar
    Alba as122 gebruiksaanwijzing
    Alba as122 instruction manual

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Alba as122 manual
Your information: