About the Course
Participants will Learn :
- Preparation, set-up and Infection control
- ABC of Ultrasound in COVID-19
- Airway Ultrasound: Normal Airway Sono-Anatomy, Endotracheal tube confirmation
- Lung Ultrasound: Basic Lung Signs, Diagnosis of Pneumothorax, pleural effusion, Pneumonia, Pulmonary edema.
- Circulation: Basic ECHO & IVC assessment
- Algorithm: POCUS in COVID-19 pandemic
Salient Features of Courses
- Ultrasound In primary care: Introduction & course overview (ABC of Ultrasound in COVID-19): This topic gives an overview the role of point ultrasonography in various aspects of in context of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Preparation, set-up and Infection control: Objective of this topic is to teach participant regarding basic considerations of set-up, practicing infection control while performing scans and method of disinfection.
- Airway Ultrasound: Objective of this topic is to teach ultrasound anatomy of airway, Airway confirmation, Sono -RSI protocol.
- Lung Ultrasound: Objective of this topic is to teach Method of doing lung ultrasound, various lung ultrasound signs, Pneumonia, ARDS, Pulmonary edema.
Focused ECHO & IVC assessment: The lecture emphasizes on four ECHO windows (subxiphoid, Parasternal Long axis, Parasternal short axis and Apical views), for assessment of cardiac function and pericardial collection mainly.
- The lecture emphasizes on method of Inferior vena cava (IVC) ultrasound, IVC diameter measurement and correlation with volume status of patient.
- Algorithm: POCUS in COVID-19 pandemic : Various utilities of POCUS during COVID-19 management from triage to emergency department care and critical care will be explained.
|ELIGIBILITY||Health Professionals working in Emergency Department of any Healthcare setting|
|CREDIT||Certification of Completion|
|TOPICS||See all Topics – Click Here|
|DATE & TIME|